Don't eat your words

These Kapamilya's are some of the best in their crafts, but I sometimes get frustrated when I can't always understand their lines because they seem to eat their words.

1. Doland Castro. He is one of the best reporters of TV Patrol. He is especially good with police reports and action news because despite his huge built, he is alert and active. He is always at the center of the action and has the ability to capture the newsworthiness of his stories.


But it annoys me when he cannot anymore pronounce his words clearly when reporting. Perhaps he is so into the news and carried by the actions around him that he becomes oblivious of his talking. But this should not be for a reporter like him. News is useless unless it is being understood by the audience.

I believe Doland is conscious of this. I could see that the rate of word eating incidences are becoming less and less. I could see that he is taking extra effort to make sure he speaks clearly. But he has to do away with it completely if he wants better opportunities is broadcasting.

2. John Lloyd Cruz. He is one of the best actors, not only of his generation, but in the entire industry. But he also has the tendency to eat his words when delivering his lines.


Just listen to him in his latest commercial of a corned tuna. I could barely understand his "ginisa 'to" among other phrases.

Of course, Lloydie is also aware of this and I know he is working hard to make every word in is lines disticnt for his fans.

3. Gerald Anderson. He too, is a great actor at such a young age. I know that he is not a native Tagalog speaker. He grew up in Cebu speaking English at home because of his American dad.


When he entered the Big Brother House, together with Kim Chui, he became a celebrity. Immediately, projects came for them in the Kapamilya network, projects that put their names beside top-caliber actors and actresses.

I have to commend Gerald for his efforts to perfect his Tagalog speaking skills, but he still have to sharpen it. I know he can do it.

4. Erich Gonzales. For now, she's the only female that I will include in this list.


Erich has also become a good actress and is growing more and more beautiful. It's not that bad, but I think she needs to pay more attention to the way she speaks. She must also strive to put her pitch a little lower when speaking and to develop a richer voice.

I know there are other Kapamilyas who also belong to this list. I may include them in the future. Meanwhile, I really believe that these 4 great Kapamilyas will soon get past this speech problem.

God bless them all.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP